Monday, November 9, 2009

S.T.U.D. Oct 09

Meg received her swap quilt today so I can go ahead and post a picture now. 

I love the batik fabric that is in the border.  This one  makes me think of Fall back in New Jersey – where the reds get really red and everything smells like wet leaves. 

I love this foundation.  It’s not in Miniatures in Minutes.  It’s a new one I’ve been playing with.  I’ve been having a lot of fun working with it, less than two and a half  hours to cut the fabric, sew the foundation and remove the paper.  Everything lines up and the little squares finish at 3/8".   Nice.

NaNoWriMo update:  my word count is currently 20,210.  One of my students is already at 35,000 words!

2 comments:

  1. very nice! may have to be one I am for my little wall of quilts
    oh were in NJ did you live?
    yes the trees were really RED this year , not as bright in the yellows though...
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so cute!!! I love it, she is a lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete