Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Progress on Doll Quilt Swap 8

I finished the top.  Now there is just the quilting designs to figure out.  I am very happy with how this came out.  I had a terrible time getting color right on the photo though.  Photoshop didn’t much care for it either.  It wanted to turn the colors a truly awful glowing green-blue.  Gruesome.  The actual quilt colors are muted but not quite this muted.  Oh well?

I am very, very happy with this.  The blocks are 2 1/2" square.  The entire quilt just a little under 18" square.  This is all I have time for today but either tomorrow or Thursday I’ll get it quilted.  I’ll hop into EQ to get some motifs.  I’m thinking something curvy and classic for the outer border. 

Speaking of EQ.  I’m going to have some fun this Saturday.  I’m teaching a class on Designing with EQ at my local quilt shop.  It’s all about playtime!

4 comments:

  1. I can see why you are happy, your doll quilt is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a fun wee quilt, I'm sure it looks great in real life as you described.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this little quilt , wish it was coming to my house.
    I really need to sign up for this swap!
    wish I was close enough to come take the class, sounds like a fun play day!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your doll quilt is wonderful!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete