Friday, November 5, 2010

It’s November

It’s November, and that means NaNoWriMo.  Yes, National Novel Writing Month has come back around, and once again, I am joining the madness.  One month, one novel. 

Well, it occurred to me that I need (need, I say) a cute and sexy little journal so that when I am tootling about and a brilliant idea strikes, I can write it down before it is lost forever.  Given the parameters of the month, I’m willing to jot down less than brilliant ideas as well.  In fact, any idea that can get me a little further along on word count sounds good to me.

No mistake – when it comes to NaNo, it is quantity, not quality, that counts!  (50,000 words).

So, here she is – the new journal.

alt

Love those dots and the Kaffe Fasset squares.  Here’s a close-up of the cute vintage button.

alt

You can’t see it all that well, but it’s got a bit of bling, which makes me happy.  I designed it so that my pen can tuck into the side – because there is nothing worse than having an idea, a book, and no pen. 

Here’s hoping it will inspire.  Of course, I need my good luck fetishes, so here it is with the bear who is along for the journey. 

alt

I love how the ribbon bookmark has polka dots to match the dotted black and white fabric.

I took bunches and bunches of photos as I made this up so I will post a tutorial on this sometime during the next week.

Meanwhile, it is just too ironic that I got so excited about making the journal cover that I got behind on word count.  I’m currently at 6,886 words.  I want to be closing in on 9,000 by the end of the day.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Terrie and the journal is just so amazing! I love the black background that makes everything else pop out.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colors! The unique button really add special touch to the journal :)

    ReplyDelete