Friday, February 10, 2012

Simply Irrestible

Off visiting a new quilt store in the area and I saw these patterns from Primitive Gatherings.

Let’s see: 

Civil War reproduction fabrics – check.

Miniature quilts – check.

Looks challenging but the technique is super easy – check.

Yes.  Well.  They’re mine now.

First, the teeny tiny medallion – 10 1/2" square.

Is that sweet or what? 

And then, for the slightly larger version, I decided to change the design and go solids and modern (a possibility for the “For Love of Color – a Modern Swap”).  This one’s 17" square.

I may have to make two of those.  If my own true love likes it enough, perhaps one for the living room.  If he doesn’t, I’ll consider my sewing room.  I love how bright and sharp it is.

So, there it is – proof that it’s not all home improvements around here!  (Though I still have more base boards to paint).

No comments:

Post a Comment