Monday, June 18, 2012

A Little Fabric, A Little Love

And little blocks (3" finished) are the result.

I’m a little worried about the Ohio Star in the middle of the top row.  It seems out of proportion to the rest of the blocks.  It may need to become a pincushion!

Here’s a few close ups – just because.

That last one was using up the last little smidgens of fabric I had left of some of those early Smithsonian fabrics.  What is it – fifteen years later or so?  Still love them.

Anyway, while Miniatures in Minutes was all about making full quilt tops with a single foundation, the Fold and Sew method obviously works well with individual blocks as well (as Anita Grossman Solomon originated so brilliantly).  Still, sometimes even I’m amazed at the blocks that can be made on a single foundation!

I’ll have a few more blocks coming up on this one.  But so far?  I just love them.

1 comment:

  1. Your blocks are so great and so precise! I still have some of that first Smithonian fabric, especially that love. I loved it. Can't wait to see what you do next.

    ReplyDelete