Monday, February 15, 2016

Go Sew?

Back in September I gave myself a personal challenge. I called it my GO! Sew Challenge.  I just didn't feel I was using my AccuQuilt GO! enough. I could mention (ahem) all those dies I have that I haven't even used yet.  So there was the challenge -- that every week I would work on a project that used a GO! die and, to keep myself honest, I would post a picture on the blog. I didn't require that I actually use the GO! itself, just that I work on a project that had used one.

So, I'm really quite pleased with myself that, so far, I've met the challenge. I got a lot of little Christmas projects done, and I've got plans for a bed quilt or two. So far, so good. Which brings me to this week and what my sewing room currently looks like.

Which is this:


The good news, of course, is the prospect of newly painted walls and new flooring. The challenge is that my sewing room "stuff" is scattered in toppling, mostly inaccessible piles all over the downstairs.

So, here's the GO! project for this week.  Terrie hand quilts!


I think I might try and keep this up, actually hand quilt a few of my little quilts in process. Taking down the quilts that had been on the wall gives me pretty good motivation to think about getting some new things done.

Civil War reproductions? Two color quilts -- red and white, or blue and white? I'm debating.

Meanwhile, I've got the quilt hoop out and I'm trying to remember how to get a decent quilt stitch. Let's just say I'm not needing to put in any extra effort to get that authentic imperfect primitive look!


8 comments:

  1. It is so easy to get excited and buy the latest and greatest tools and fabric, but it is quite another thing to keep up the momentum and use the things you bought. Good for you for challenging yourself to make your purchase worth while. That is a pretty project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am totally a gadget girl. (That should probably read "old gray mare" rather than "girl.")

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh--what a great use for that 1/2 hexie die--This will be lovely. I should join your challenge with all my unused dies!! I did use (and still am) the 3.5" square die to make my big 9-patch crosses...and I love not having to cut that much...I love how you find new ways to "think" about die use...thanks hugs Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so many dies I still haven't used yet! I do hope to get to them. Now see, the 3.5" square is one I don't have -- and your crosses quilt is so lovely!

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful new update in your space. Enjoy your handquilting. It feels good when you get in the zone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been doing it in the car. It's a bit awkward and the bumps in the road get some of my stitches, but at least I'm doing it. Besides, I can blame all the stitch wonkiness on the driver, right?

      Delete
  4. Wishing you speedy progress in remodeling your sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The goal is to have it done by next sewing group. I need the spare room cleared out so the hubby has a place to retreat to!

      Delete