Sunday, March 20, 2016

Two Colors, Too Fun

It's been a good week. To begin, I finished the miniature blue and white quilt.


I am so happy with how that came out.  I'm really loving that I hand quilted it.  So sweet.


And I made progress on the next red and white. I'll probably branch out with my red and white minis, but to start, I'm pulling patterns from Miniatures in Minutes. This next one is the Everlasting Tree foundation. The red and white print-out is my EQ mock-up.


And here it is with the top sewn up. White fabric. White snow.


I think I'll probably machine quilt this one.  I seem to be on a mission to begin anew and finish the old, so the little pincushion below is the finish of a little five by five block I had sewn up quite a while ago.


And with all the red and white going on, I decided it was finally time to order Infinite Variety. It came this last week. Oh, those quilts. Be still my heart! And look, here's a red and white version of the blue and white mini quilt I showed up above:




I'm pretty sure I'll need a red and white version of my own!  I was playing with this design in EQ and wanted to see if I could work a two-color with triangles in the larger squares. This is what I came up with:


I like that quite a lot. And then, what should I see as I was browsing Infinite Variety, but this variation:


I love that as I play with quilt design, I'm just following the footsteps of all those quilters who came before.  It really is a living tradition.

And because I need to show I haven't forgotten about the GO! Sew Challenge, I have to say my tumbler die has been getting a work out this last week. I've been cutting new and sewing the old. This is only part of the show:


Every bit of progress counts! I do LOVE to start new quilts, but it sure is satisfying to work on the older projects and see them move closer to completion. I have so many unfinished projects, they feel like a burden or a weight of guilt. Working on them definitely helps get rid of that bit of unnecessary emotional baggage. And besides, pretty fabrics, pretty quilts!

2 comments:

  1. Love all of your little quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You`ve really been working! I love the mini blue and white - so perfect! And the red and white you made up in EQ does have similarities to the one in the book. Yes, those UFOs start to feel heavier every year!

    ReplyDelete