Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Little Bits

Every bit of progress counts, right?

I finished another miniature in process that has languished in a dresser drawer for years. I am so happy with this one. I love how dramatic the red and black is. This is scrappier than it seems at first glance. Each one of those half-hexagon(ish) shapes is actually three 1/2" finished triangles. A bit insane, really, but I love it.



Then I used some GO! dies to add appliqué to the round robin I'm (finally) working on.



They're working well, I think, to cover up bare spots that turned out to need something.

I used leftovers to piece together a backing.


Now I need to baste it together and get to the actual quilting! School is on, however, and that means quilt time has cut way back. Particularly since I've got a set of papers and midterm exams to grade. (Give me a week and life will resume).

And since I want to continue to work on finishing up other little projects, I'm returning to the Kaleidoscope Kreator block I made years ago. I decided if I made up another one, I could use the pair as outer pockets on a tote bag. I got to play for an hour one morning and came up with the new design. Even though I haven't made much with this program, I'll admit, the designs it creates really are incredible.


Here the new design is, starting to sew the feathers.


And now I just need time to get back to the sewing room. I go to my office with the old Rawhide theme in my head: "Grading, grading, grading . . .  keep those essays moving . . ."

2 comments:

  1. Your finishes and projects are always wonderful. Your work is lovely. Hope to see you and some of these treasures on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so much fun seeing what other quilters are doing!

    ReplyDelete